Sunday 5 October 2014

Day 69 I’ve never been so offended in my whole life.


The tram was crowded, hot and smelly. I’ve mentioned elsewhere that unless it is 30 degrees plus outside there is no chance that anyone will dare open a window. So we were left to breathe in other people’s body odour and halitosis. It was not going to be a pleasant journey. Suddenly the woman sitting in front of me looked up, gasped in shock and offered me her seat. She looked at me like it had been criminal that she should have been sitting down while I was standing up. Now I know I have a bit of a limp but she couldn’t see that, as I’d been standing on the tram for a while. I know I have grey hair and grey beard ... but I don’t look that old,  do I? But what made this charade worse was when I looked at the woman it was clear to me that this woman was clearly in her fifties, not her early fifties either. Thus she was at least ten years older than me. In fact she was close to the age group who have become my new admirers since losing weight.


If you enjoyed this you might enjoy my short story blog, updated with a new story every weekday. Find it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment