Friday 24 October 2014

Day 89 - Alarm Call


My alarm rang this morning at 4.15. Four bloody fifteen, that's earlier than the practical joker in Krakow set the alarm for. I've climbed into bed later than that once or twice in my life. It's certainly no time to be climbing out of bed. They say it is 4.15 in the morning but I looked out of my window and it was certainly still very much night time. If night trams are still running then it is night time. I watched the street below bleary eyed as late night revellers competed with hedgehogs for pavement space. Why on earth am I getting up at this ungodly hour? Is anything worth being ripped from a sweet dream and having to leave a warm cosy bed stepping into a cold flat that feels miles away from the land of nod? It's utter madness, nobody should be subjected to this cruel and unusual punishment. It's inhumane. And to make matters worse when I got to the airport MacDonald’s wasn't even open for breakfast :-( 

No comments:

Post a Comment