Wednesday 15 October 2014

Day 79 - Smiling

I’ve certainly mentioned before that this 100 days of grumpiness blog is actually making me happy. The cathartic effect of ranting about the little things means that I can cope with the bigger things. Therefore the last two months have seen a complete change in my persona. I am actually smiling! People are commenting on it. Look at Davies they say, he’s actually smiling. He must be in love they say or at least getting some. They don’t realise that the reason for this smile is this blog.

The problem is all this smiling is beginning to have a strange affect on me, it’s beginning to make me grumpy. 
For a start my face has begun to ache as I am using muscles I’ve not used in years, smiley happy people must have strong faces.  Secondly I have noticed that the crows feet around my eyes are getting more pronounced, proof that actually smiling makes you look older not younger.  Finally suddenly people are not taking me seriously anymore. I’ve been professionally grumpy for nearly 20 years. People knew what they were getting with me. I was safe, reliable, trustworthy. But now I’ve become a grinning loon I’m treated like a shark, a charlatan, a cuckoo. So after today just 21 more days and then I can go back to my former grumpy self.

1 comment:

  1. Good you're smiling :-)
    Keep writing then :-) Smile suits you

    ReplyDelete