Thursday 30 October 2014

Day 94 budget airline New York.

I've come to the conclusion that New York is like a budget airline. To start off with there are far more people here than is comfortable, everyone wants that little bit more leg room but only the priority boarders have it in their penthouse suites.
On top of this when you book a ticket for Brian Air or Greedy Jet you are quoted a price and you think that's a bargain. But then comes the extras, the tax, the luggage allowance, the return ticket premium. And that's the same in New York, you see something on the menu or in a shop but then you have to add on sales tax and tip meaning you need to add nearly 30% on to the price. For dumb foreigners like me it is very confusing and for the locals I can see them standing behind me thinking idiot Englishman. Finally they don't charge you for using public restrooms.

P.s. They are thinking idiot Englishman because even when I tell them I am welsh they stil call my English. 

No comments:

Post a Comment