Tuesday 28 October 2014

Day 92 - lifts

My hotel has the slowest lifts in the world. A no73 bus in London has come quicker than the lift in this hotel. I wonder if it is a way to save money, slow the lift down and save electricity. Anyway it's a pain because the are 14 floors in the hotel so if the lift is on floor 11, 12, 13 or 14, and it often seems to be you are guaranteed a nice long wait for the lift to arrive. Today I realised when I got to the ground floor, or level 1 as they call it here, that I went out with out my travel card. So I turned around and called the lift. Now somehow in the  split second that elapsed between me exiting the lift and realising I needed to get back into it, the lift had turned into the Usain Bolt of lifts, racing up to floor 14. But that must have tired the poor thing out as it meandered its way back down like a pensioner on Cowbridge Road in Canton. (Walking slowly, stopping every 3 steps to chat to a friend or coo over a baby and then wetting themselves.) 
Sorry I realise I should have called it the elevator but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. 

1 comment:

  1. does it have voice recognition technology? :-)

    ReplyDelete