Thursday 7 August 2014

Day 10 - The 100 days of grumpiness paradox.

Sometimes there are days when no matter how hard you look you just can’t find anything to be grumpy about. Now those of you who have known me for a while know that I am a bit of a pessimist. I believe the only silver linings are in John Travolta’s suits, it would be too cold on top of the world (not to mention the polar bears) and cloud nine is just like cloud 6 but more stairs so why bother. So not being able to find something to be grumpy about is a bit of a shock to my system. It kind of proves my theory that doing 100 days of happiness makes you more grumpy and doing 100 days of grumpiness makes you more happy. Here I am as cheerful and carefree as a butterfly on a summer’s day. But my whistle has been halted mid happy tune, the spring in my step has sprung and the bright side may have just got darker. For the very fact that I can’t find anything to be grumpy about yet need to write a grumpy post for today, has ruined my panglossian mood, dampened my spirits, pissed on my chips. However being grumpy about not being grumpy had given me something to write about which in turn has restored my sanguine spirit, meaning my whistle can resume and my step can spring again. And yes I have just downloaded an thesaurus app.

If you enjoyed this you might enjoy my short story blog, updated with a new story every weekday. Find it here.


No comments:

Post a Comment