Sunday 24 August 2014

Day 27 - Ironing.

I hate ironing smart trousers, the risk of getting a double crease in the leg is too much for me to bear, I cautiously press the trousers with more steam coming out of my ears than out of the iron.  But inevitably it seems that no matter how careful I am, whenever I do take my iron to my trousers I get the parallel line I was dreading. 
So when I saw a pair of trousers on special offer that were a nice cut and they said crease free on them, I couldn’t resist. Now I like to play with words, I like a nice double meaning or a pun here and there, what I didn’t realise was that the good people at Marks and Spencer do too.

My understanding of crease free was that the trousers would be free of creases, making ironing redundant thus making my forehead crease free too. But having taken the said trousers to Latvia and Estonia with me and then putting them through the wash, I have found that there are more creases than Mick Jagger’s face, more lines than the Moscow Underground system and more in need of iron than an anaemic, pregnant woman. Obviously M&S’s understanding of crease free is different from mine. I now realise it was a special offer - buy these trousers and get your creases free.

1 comment: