Friday 1 August 2014

Day 4 - High Waist Skirts

Apart from bright, luminous,  salmony pink anything (skirts, tops, bras, pants, you name it women are wearing it in luminous pink), this year’s look for women in Prague is the high waist, flared skirt.
Now I admit I am getting on a bit now, I admit that I have turned a bit into a dad with my it wasn’t like this when I was young ranting and I know that maybe it was like this when I was young but…

I don’t understand the high waistline thing going on at the moment. When I were a lad, I remember those who wore their trousers too high were teased mercilessly by the rest of us who wore ours round our waists. It’s funny how things that were considered such a no no then becomes a yes yes now. 
I’ve been told the a high waistline makes the breast look bigger (all the more reasons for me not wearing one, my boobs are big enough thank you) and I have seen evidence that a high waist line on a over the knee pencil skirt is a very good look, but these flared short ones - well they just make people look like kids playing dress up, or are they are trying to be female Simon Cowells?
The other problem of course is the material. the planet is dying yet women in better off countries are buying mini skirts that they then pull up to their boobs thus using twice the material needed for the purpose. We could save material, save energy, save transport cost by just having some common sense. 


So sorry women, I am sure you like the look and want to be ‘in’ but they don’t get my approval. 

If you enjoyed this you might enjoy my short story blog, updated with a new story every weekday. Find it here.

1 comment:

  1. some people, not only women, are simply fashion victims...

    ReplyDelete