Monday 18 August 2014

Day 21 Procrastination.

What do they say about not putting off until tomorrow what you can do today? I’ll tell you what they say, they say ‘don’t put off until tomorrow what you can do today’. And I bet they (whoever they are) have a smug, we told you so look on their faces today. Yesterday I thought about shaving my head and face but thought no mañana, mañana. Well that decision has come back to bite me on the bum cos now it is mañana and I have a problem.
There’s no hot water in my building. My hot tap is running dry, (and no that isn’t a euphemism, get your mind out of the gutter.)

I guess I will have to boil kettles and saucepans so I can fill the bath with water so I can have a wash for today but what about my shave? I have a headful of hair with no means with which to shave it. I look like a bloody hippy. 
I suppose today I can do what women do when they don’t have time to wash their hair, just put in it in a ponytail or a bun and hope for the best, but what about tomorrow?  I am going away tomorrow, Latvia and then Estonia won’t be back till Saturday. By that time my hair will be down to my knees and my beard will put Santa Claus to shame. So if you see a strange bearded, hippy looking man shuffling around Prague, Riga or Parnu in the next few days, it might be me.


PostScript
In a strange twist of fate, while writing this blog post I was in fact procrastinating, putting off boiling the pots and pans of water to fill a bath. By the time I came to fill the pots, the hot water had started to flow again meaning shaved heads came to those who wait. If only I was doing one of those 100 days of happy, this would be a perfect happy moment. J



1 comment: