Thursday 4 September 2014

Day 38 - Day 38

Advert: 

This Retro Grumpy is brought to you by the author of Maggie's Milkman and Extraordinary Rendition. Please consider giving back and buying a copy. 

Some days it is difficult to pick just one grumpy moment, it seems that everything on that day is designed to push your buttons, wind you up, tick you off, get your dander up. From the incessant and noisy alarm clock, to the painfully slow computer, every little thing makes those heckles rise. Weirdly it is days like these that this blog is harder to write. That’s counterintuitive isn’t it? You’d think that with so many things giving me the hump I’d be spoilt for choice; I could for example pick any one of the following - the loud girl in the café, the Samsung tablet that ate my work, the strange weather that has gone from winter to summer overnight, the state of my flat, the guy dressed as Santa Claus playing the keyboards, the Bible school that goes on in Marks and Spencer café, the dog on the tram sniffing at my leg and there are many many more.

With so many things getting up my nose you’d think a rant or rail would be easy, just stick the snail-like computer or hungry tablet in front of me and I’d be away. But for some reason it doesn’t work like that so instead you end up with this nonsense, (which by the way should be added to the list because it is already doing my head in.) So I’ll try to survive the rest of the day, hope that not too many other things rattle my cage and hope that I get out of bed the right side in the morning.
If today is doing your head then maybe you could read an ebook. Please consider buying one or both of my novels. Details available here.

Or just read a free short story

No comments:

Post a Comment