Monday 1 September 2014

Day 35 - Drivers


I’ve always thought drivers come down my hill too fast, it is only a narrow road with parked cars on both sides, there are a couple of blind corners and a kiddies’ playground, yet drivers bomb down it like an out of control bobsleigh showing no  due care or attention.  

And today I have been proved right. I am sitting in my kitchen / office listening to the sound of screeching breaks, blearing horns and revving engines as cars speed down the hill only to discover that the road is closed due to road works. 
Of course there are signs that signal the closure, plenty of them but the drivers are going too fast and probably speaking to their lovers on their mobile phones or just blindly trusting their SatNavs, to notice or care. Then they slam on the breaks, make a U-turn and take the detour that they missed the sign for. This often causes tailbacks of 5 or 6 cars, the ones at the back still stubbornly going on, trying to circumnavigate the ones trying to reverse as if the  reversees are idiots. It would be hilarious if it were not so dangerous. I guess I will hear a crash before long. I’ll let you know.



This final photo shows the driver trying to go around the lorry in front of him. What is going through the driver’s mind goodness only knows. Everyone is turning around but I will be able to get through with my superpowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment