Sunday 21 September 2014

Day 55 - Al Pacino’s big toe.


If my Facebook timeline isn’t full of newly born babies, or kiddies in school uniform or stupid quizzes finding out who’s big toe you are … (I’m Al Pacino’s if you’re interested) then it is full of group selfies. I don’t mind a selfie, I have taken and posted a few of myself. I don’t mind a group photograph either, again I have instigated these in the past and shared the results with the Facebook world. But there is something about the group selfie that really gets my goat. I don’t know what upsets me but something does. It might be that for it to work people need to be uncomfortably close to each other. Or that there always seems to be a ‘aren’t we funny’ look on people’s faces. It’s the same kind of look on the faces of the office workers who have ‘you don’t have to be mad to work here…’ signs on the wall. Maybe it’s the slightly strange angle the photo is taken at, or the fact that a group selfie is unnecessary. Selfies are usually born from necessity, there is no one else around so I’ll take a photo of myself, but if there are that many people to make a group selfie then there is no need for it to be a selfie as one person can take the photo.  Anyway apologies to my friends who have appeared in one but I don’t like them and I shall never be able to forgive Ellen De Generes for starting the trend. I  just wish that Facebook has a ‘hide group selfie’ function.  

No comments:

Post a Comment