Sunday 14 September 2014

Day 48 Sports Schedulers

Sometimes I get the impression that people who decide what time sporting events are onm don’t take into consideration the interests of real fans.  Take today as an example. Cardiff Blues v Glasgow Warriors kicks off at 5pm CET 4pm BST. Late Sunday afternoon is no time to be putting on a game of rugby; it’s hopeless for fans. Take me for example today I have a flight at 8.30 this evening so this has put me in a quandary. If you do the maths it just doesn’t work out. I should be at the airport at around 6.45. which will be when the game should finish. Therefore I have a choice, leave home at 6.45 and hope the traffic is clear, or set off at 16.30 and hope the wifi at the airport is good enough for me to be able to watch the game there. Both have their advantages and disadvantages. Watching it at home means I can swear like a trooper when the idiot referee makes an idiot decision. (This will surely happen, as all referees hate the Blues.) It also means that the wifi will work.  But of course being at the airport for 3.5 hours will mean I have to watch the game silently (how fun is that?) and there is a risk the wifi wont work. It also means 3.5 hours in an airport, but of course and I won’t be stressed and should catch my flight.

The game is live on S4C it is almost as if they have put the needs of the television company over my needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment