Monday 15 September 2014

Day 49 - The Noise

The reason for my grumpiness today is tiredness and the reason for the tiredness is the noise. At first I thought the noise was part of my dream. I was dreaming of prehistoric mosquitos, the size of pterodactyls and making a noise like a frustrated charmer of a lazy snake, one that just can’t be bothered to perform for the tourists. But the giant mosquito attack forced me from my sleep and as I lay staring at the ceiling with sweat on my brow, I realised the mosquitos had gone but the noise remained. It was 5.25 a.m. It sounded like the wind whistling though cracks in the windows or someone playing a very bad kazoo. At 6 a.m. I gave up. I got out of bed and tried to discover the source, the route of this evil. But the windows were those unopenable double-glazed type you find in hotels,  the air con was off  so that was not the cause and neither was the bathroom fan which lay still. The noise filled the room completely, there was no telling from which direction is was coming from. Maybe it was in my head, a ringing in my ears. But no, it was real all right, real, loud and annoying. I checked all my electronic goods and all of those in the room but nothing was giving off this strange tune. I gave up and went back to bed and tried to bury my head and cut out the all consuming noise. Then, to my relief at 6.15 it stopped, just cut out, there was blissful silence, only 90 minutes until my alarm but I could get some sleep. 

My phone recorder didn’t pick it up to well but if you listen carefull you can hear the whinning noise on this recording 

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/qPwmnJ3Jes4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> 


No comments:

Post a Comment