Thursday 11 September 2014

Day 45 Dear Apple


Dear Apple, 
I hope you enjoyed the fez.
Thank you so much for offering to replace the battery on my iPhone 5, and thank you for providing me details of where to go in Prague to get it done. And thank you for  using the sentence ‘If you want to get the battery replaced under the program we have in place they will be able to swap out your battery with a walk in appointment and then you can take your iPhone back with you.’ in our correspondence. This suggested to me, as I am sure it would to anyone, that they would do it there and then, a while you wait job. So imagine my surprise when the company concerned told me that it would take 5 working days to repair my phone. ‘Thank you’ I said ‘I presume you will offer me a replacement.’

‘Oh no ‘they said.
So it seems you expect me to go without my phone for five days. Now granted I've only had two phone calls in the last 5 days and sent about 3 texts, so I probably could cope without my phone as a phone, but dear Apple I guess you have not been reading this blog or else you would know I am addicted to your phone. I could not even begin to imagine 5 days without it. Oh they did offer to adapt my SIM card so it would fit another phone but as my last phone was the ill-fated iPhone 4 with the faulty home button this would be like jumping out of the fire and into the frying pan, the frying iPan if you will.
So I have a suggestion, why don't you just give me a new phone? If they are going to take 5 days to repair mine, do the diagnostic test, order a new battery and do the swap god knows what they will charge you. One can only imagine it will be more than the 150 pounds you charge customers whose phones are no longer covered by warranty to get a replacement when the screen cracks or the
charging port no longer works. So let's stop the faffing around, you will save money and make a disgruntled customer happy again.
Look forward to hearing your response
Gareth
P.s. I won't tell anyone , honestly. 


By the way if this blog tickles you please check out my other work. 
Short stories here 
Maggie’s Milkman a Novel here 

1 comment: